Translate

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Where's The Party At?

Never mind how much that cost me, emotionally, to end a blog title with a preposition - in fact, I'm not even sure if the rules are the same when we're not talking about bonafide "a sentence".  Maybe I can claim creative license?  It's going to rankle me, I can tell.

Well, anyway.

When, I ask - just when - did it become acceptable to refer to ones sexual urges and desire to satisfy them as a party in ones trousers?  I'm blaming this guy.



First of all...when the hell did that become a line that anyone, anywhere, at any time, would take seriously?  I mean, okay, in this film ^^^ it works because the guy is obviously a tool.  But it leapt off the screen and became a thing people actually say in the hopes of getting some.  And for the life of me - I cannot imagine why they think that would work.  If it IS working, then we have a bigger problem to worry about, ie: society globally operating (and in some tragic cases, reproducing) on a grievously sub-par set of standards.

How did we get to That Guy  up there from these cinematic examples?



Good grief.  I don't even think Clark Gable was attractive and that makes me weak in the knees.

Ditto Bogie:



Cary Grant, however.  Yikes.


And Matthew.   Er.  I mean, Darcy.


Or any of these from the Mac Daddy of all the love and romance films:

Even this.

Or this.


There's loads of cinematic material out there!






I could literally do this all day, find cinematic examples of more romantic or seductive things to say apart from anything referencing a Goddamn party in ones pants.

And honestly, a pants party is not much of a visual.  What are those invitations like? Is there confetti?  What the hell kind of music could there be?  I don't particularly want to know about the goody bags, or what's on the menu.  And for me, personally, a party implies a social gathering of several people out for a good time.  Where I'm from, we call that an 'orgy'.  And I  am not that kind of girl, I don't care what you've heard.

It just seems a very odd thing to say.  I've never been issued an invitation to a party in anyone's pants, at least not using that manner of language - possibly because I'm just not a pants-party-kind-of-girl.  Or, more optimistically, maybe people just know how I'd RSVP to that kind of invitation:  

Ginger Regretfully Declines

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Will of course be blogging about non-invites to the pants party in the future (it's on my list of topics). And now I'm going back to swoon all over those quotes/gifs -- minus the Steve Carell one, because, nope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that the blog now comes with a peremptory adult content warning before being able to enter.
    Hate the font of the comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I don't know how to change it! Help!

      Delete
    2. Um. Well I seem to have done this. Is this ok, do you think?

      Delete

Something you want to say, Cookie?