Translate

Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Twaddle on Twitter

That could so easily have been an obscene title.

But I'm not a one dimensional sort of Ginger - indeed, if you find one who is, I'm betting their so called 'ginger' came out of a bottle.

Anyway - Twitter.


Trying to sort it out; who to follow and such like  --  so far I've succeeded in following two of me favourite Irishmen, Mundy, whose stunning rendition of Galway Girl furnished me with the only time in life I ever contemplated dying my hair black so I could better display my Galwegian heritage and imagine they were singing about me, with my hair of black and me eyes of blue.  (Well.  The bulk of my tribe appears to have hailed from Roscommon, but it's bloody close enough for me.) And actually, every rendition of that track I've ever heard him do has set my soul on fire, really hit me where I live.  Particularly this one, which has inspired me to try and learn Gaelic.  Because I don't have enough challenges in life.  And  this one, because LOOK AT HIM.

Would.

Anyway.

I also got myself following Chris O'Dowd because, well, why wouldn't you?  I wanted to include for you the scene from Bridesmaids where he, as Officer Rhodes, tells Annie he's been thinking about her and that there's something about her that 'sticks' - - but is that clip available on YouTube? No. No it is not.  So there's this, instead.

Would.

Also Jimmy Fallon, because a) he is hilarious and b) because I think he's a really good person with a good heart.  And there's a real dearth of that in the world.

So who else should I follow?  I'm open to suggestions.  Not those kinds, you freaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something you want to say, Cookie?